Saturday, February 11, 2017

Livingston Dream Book #4


LIVINGSTON IN THE RAIN

Dreams begin where memories end
I must be dreaming for way too long
The memories are starting to blend
Into the dreams I thought long gone

And I go back out to the same old streets
And I find myself daydreaming again
There’s nothing like the early morning mist
And the sound of Livingston in the rain

Chorus
And it’s Livingston in the rain
One more day until my work is done
And if I can’t get through the pain
It's back to Livingston in the rain

That’s where one day my dreams came true
And that’s where I take my memories to die
Someday I’ll find there’s nothing else left to do
But to bid those dreams and memories goodbye

But until then I’ll keep writing these dreams down
And finding new ways to walk off the shame
For I know one day you’ll come back around
Yes, I’ll keep going back to Livingston in the rain

Chorus
And it’s Livingston in the rain
One more night to do the best I can
And I’ll be looking for you again
Back to Livingston in the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment